Thanksgiving is almost here and we are truly thankful for you, our patients. This Thanksgiving, we hope you feel thankful for your braces. Wearing braces has so many long-term benefits for you. Here’s a reminder of some of them:
- Wearing braces leads to fewer cavities. Food and bacteria is less likely to get trapped in teeth that are properly aligned.
- Wearing braces also lessens your chances of gum disease.
- Misaligned teeth can cause pain to the jaw and even ligament and muscle strain.
- Crooked and protruding teeth are more likely to get damaged, chipped, and broken than straight and properly aligned teeth. Tooth injury can occur during sports (so please wear a mouth guard) or even just by accident.
- Now more than ever, you have so many more options in choosing braces, ranging from Invisalign to linear braces, to sleeker traditional braces. It’s possible, your friends don’t even know you wear them.
- Confidence. Having a beautiful smile increases your self-esteem. This is a positive change that can carry through to every part of your life.
Thank you for choosing us to help you get that beautiful smile. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!